So many people are using Facebook, Many of them believe that their time on Facebook is being wasted and they are becoming addicted to Facebook. Apart from this and many other reasons, some people want to leave Facebook.
There are two different ways to leave Facebook as under:
(1) Deactivate Temporary
If you want to disable the Facebook account temporarily, which means :
- Your account can be reactivated, whenever you want.
- Some information such as messages can be saved. (It is not possible if you want to permanently delete your account.) Facebook also saves your account information.
- People can’t find you and can’t even see your timeline.
Related Post: Easy way to backup your Facebook data
(2) Permanent Delete
If you want to delete the Facebook account permanent, which means :
- If your Facebook account is deleted, you can’t log in it again.
- It may take up to 90 days to delete all you posted such as status, likes and other data stored in the backup system of Facebook. Your information is not accessible to others, while Facebook is removing this information.
- After the request, there may be some delay in removing the data, if you log in during the grace period, the deletion is canceled.
- Some things cannot be stored.
Also, read following :
How to Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily?
To deactivate your account temporarily, follow the 2 easy simple ways given below.
On Computer or Mac
1. First of all, login to your Facebook account as always.
2. Click the drop-down icon at the top, which is next to the question mark icon in the blue bar.
3. Now click on the setting in the drop-down.
4. After clicking on Settings, you will come to the General tab of Settings.
6. Now click on “deactivate your account”, which will come after clicking “Management account”.
7. Now fill out your password and then click Continue.
8. Now you have to choose a reason to leave Facebook, select the first reason that is “This is temporary. I’ll back”. By clicking on this option, a pop-up window will open for advising that you can log out instead of disabling your account. You have to click the close button to close this pop-up.
9. Change the deactivation period and click on the deactivate button. After the deactivation period expires, your Facebook profile will be activated automatically.
On Mobile Application
1. After entering the Facebook app, touch the menu option.
2. Scroll down and click Settings. (If you are an Android user, skip this step and go to the third step.)
3. Now you have to click on Account Setting.
4. Click on “General” Tab.
5. Now click on Manage Account than click on Deactivate.
6. In the next step, fill out your password and click Continue.
7. Now you have to choose a reason to leave Facebook, select the first reason that is “This is temporary. I’ll back”. By clicking on this option, a pop-up window will open for advising that you can log out instead of disabling your account. You have to click the close button to close this pop-up.
8. Change the deactivation period and click on the deactivate button. After the deactivation period expires, your Facebook profile will be activated automatically.
Note: If you want to activate your account during the inactivity period, then you have to log in your account as usual. Your account will be activated.
How to Permanent Delete Facebook Account?
Here are the details to permanently delete your Facebook account:
On Computer or Mac
1. Log in your account as always.
2. Go to this URL https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
3. Click on “Delete My Account”.
4. There will be a popup open to enter the password and CAPTCHA.
5. Enter the password and then click OK.
6. Again click on OK.
On Mobile Android
This feature is not available in the mobile application. If you do not have a computer or a laptop, it’s mobile only. So open Chrome browser or any other browser in the mobile, type https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account in the address bar and go to this site. log in to your Facebook account and then follow all the steps as above.
Save data before removing Facebook account
It is a good idea to save all your data for future use, you can download a backup and view your messages, photos, videos, profile, events etc. offline.
These were some suggestions that hopefully, you will like. You can share your experience, suggestions or questions here, I would be happy to help you. You can share this post on your Facebook or WhatsApp group. Thanks!