Shared hosting means that your website is being hosted on a physical server, which shares its resources to many websites. It’s like creating multiple users on a computer. Like all users can use computer resources (RAM, HDD, etc.), the server shares its resources to all its users. Shared hosting is the cheapest hosting plan of all types of web hosting. Being a shared server, the cost of the server is also shared and it is affordable for every newbie. You can upgrade your web hosting plan with the VPS or dedicated hosting plan at any time without losing the website data.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is the most popular and best choice for bloggers and businesses, making their first website. All things have some advantages and disadvantages, there is also something about shared hosting.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of shared hosting: –
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- The prices of these types of hosting are also shared, thus it is the cheapest hosting plan in all hosting plans. Cost of this type of hosting is between $ 2.75- $ 9.99 per month.
- Generally shared hosting comes equipped with a built-in control panel also called cPanel. The cPanel is user-friendly and a powerful tool that helps you optimizes your website. With the help of cPanel, you can easily manage your websites.
- You do not have to do any technical maintenance in the server because your hosting will be managed by highly professional and well-skilled experts. It is usually included in the portion of your hosting package.
- You will be provided a user-friendly application that is designed to make website management easy. Applications such as WordPress, Joomla etc.
These are some of the advantages of shared web hosting. Even if there are some of its disadvantages that you will see below, your choice is dependent on your professional needs.
Keep in mind that when you get more traffic and budget, you can upgrade your hosting plan whenever you want. So you are not always stuck with this level of web hosting.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- Server’s resource will be shared with all the websites being hosted on the same server. Most companies provide limited resources such as bandwidth, storage, domain, RAM, email accounts. But some trusted hosting providers like Bluehost, Hostgator give you unlimited resources. The hosting provider points to the appropriate consumer to make proper use of the resources. In the repeat case, the affected account can be blocked by the hosting provider company.
- Due to shared resources, we sometimes get fewer resources to use, which makes the website load more time-consuming. If your website is popular and the website is taking time to load, then users will leave your website and open another website. But if you have created a new website then OK, you will not even need more resources. Therefore, it will not take much time to open your website.
What do we recommend?
Most users started their website with shared hosting and after the popularity, they upgraded with expensive hosting. If you are beginning to build your website, you can go for shared hosting. Whenever you get more traffic to your website, you can upgrade with VPS or dedicated hosting. Dedicated hosting and VPS are expensive, some new people may be out of the budget.
Also, purchase hosting with popular hosting providers, here are some popular hosting providers:
Bluehost (Purchasing by this link will also give you a discount.)
Hostgator (Purchasing by this link will also give you a discount.)
To Read about Bluehost: Why is Bluehost Always Recommended by WordPress and Top Bloggers
I hope your confusion should have gone away, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment on us? You can also comment if you want to give some suggestions. Share this post with WhatsApp and facebook group and tell other people about it.